Tuesday, October 28, 2008

That night...(monday)

I know I already posted this one, but this is the night Luke was having such a hard time. You can see all the toys Rick was using to entertain and finally calm him down.

Soon after he stopped crying


We got Luke about 2pm on Monday, and by 9pm, everyone was tired and ready for bed. This was the first time Luke started to notice that his 'MaMa' wasn't around. He ran to the door, opened it, and ran out into the hall sobbing. When he didn't see her, he fell down on the floor crying. It was heart breaking. We brought him back in the room and held him and rocked him. When Ivy saw how upset he was and that he wasn't calming down, she ran in the other room, hid behind the bed, and started crying herself. So for the next little while, Rick and I traded off holding one or the other sad little child. After about 45 minutes, Ivy was asleep, and Rick had consoled Luke by bring out every toy we had. Finally, he was able to put him in his crib, then Rick brought a chair right next to the crib, where he sat and stayed with Luke until they had both fallen asleep. I feel so lucky and blessed to have Rick as a husband and a father to my children. He is so amazing with them.
Luke has had a few times since where he all the sudden remembers his 'MaMa' and starts crying. He comes to me now, too, to be comforted. I know we are in for many days of tending to him as he goes through the mourning process, but we have been told that the harder it is for him now, then the more he will bond with us later. We love him so much and can't believe he is ours!

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

Lorien!!! I just read about your first meeting with Luke and I am totally crying! It is so happy! I am so happy for you and I can't wait to meet him. I am so happy for you, Rick and Ivy.

Love,

Vanessa

Judi said...

Lorien, Your blog is so moving! It is so wonderful that you could all be together while you are adopting Luke. I don't know what kids feel about each other in the long run, but it looks like Ivy is wonderful for him. I wish we could be there when you bring him home. May God continue to bless you while you are in China.

wade said...

Thank you so much for sharing this experience with us. What a privilege. We are shedding tears of joy for you. We can't wait to meet him!