Friday, October 24, 2008

Rick's POST :

Our Movie Star--------- So, we've seen about 10 toddlers total in the airport and the City of Beijing (really) and Ivy is the only American child so she is a novelty. People stop and point and take pictures everywhere we go. We got 1,000 Korean dollars for her picture from a Korean guy. Depending on exchange rates, I may be quitting loans.

Third World??---------- I wish I drove the car and had the cash a lot of the people living in Beijing. I read it was like Mexico, but it's far more modern and trendy than expected/ packed with cars, buses and mixed with scooters, mopeds and bikes and a few grungy streets. . The only negative experience was getting kicked out of the car by a taxi driver because we couldn't speak Chinese and driver didn't like my point and go method. Oh yeah, pedestrians do not have the right of way here, in fact there is no such thing as a right of way in China.

Forbidden City------- Cool Old Imperial Stuff- BIG

Jet Lag---------- you can actually feel like you should be getting up and going to bed at the same time, all the time. Glad we got here a few days early.

Airport and Wanfujing Shopping---- New, Upscale, Huge, and Expensive.

Luke----------- Can't wait- two more days!

3 comments:

mikeandash said...

So fun! I am so glad you have this site. I love the pictures and the updates. I can't wait to hear all about it from you guys.

I guess tomorrow is the big day. I hope it's wonderful!

Rachel Murdock said...

Hey Rick, 1000 Korean dollars is barely 71 cents. Better keep your day job!

Michelle Boehme said...

We're so excited! I'm jealous of Jer & Sarah. Hmm... Surprising you don't have a layover in St. Louis! :) Ivy is so dang cute!