Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Luke's Language

Luke Chinese words that we learned so we could understand what he was saying - some of these are real words in Chinese (probably not spelled correctly, though) and some of them are just his Chinese baby talk:
  • Ma: Help
  • Neow, Neow: go on the potty
  • Dzo: Go somewhere
  • Bao Bao: Hold Me
  • May O: 'I want' or 'I don't want'

He understands, but doesn't speak these himself:
  • Tsua: Sit
  • Gio Li: Come Here
  • Cher Fan: Eat

Since he has been in our family, he has learned in English:

  • No, No I E (I E is how he says, Ivy. He uses this phrase when she takes away a toy, or 'accidentally' sits on him)
  • Daddy
  • Na Na - I think this means Mommy, but it sounds a lot like 'Neow Neow' - to go potty, so the virdict is still out on this one.

4 comments:

Michelle Boehme said...

Is he really potty-trained??? Boy, are you lucky!

Lorien said...

No, he is NOT potty trained, he just knows what one is, and gets very excited when he sees one. If we put him on the potty, he will go, but he won't tell us if he needs to go.

Kristi said...

I love following along- keep posting!

AMiller said...

Wow - I think of how hard all this has to be for you. You guys are wonderful people - keep updating; I love reading about all the adjustments.